Friday, May 12, 2006

Rumors Skate Deck Drawings

Rumors Skate and Snow approached me to design a skateboard deck for their shop. There was a fairly tight time schedule, but I was able to develop a few different ideas for the shop to choose from. In the end the Vamp Sketch was selected, I developed it further and it went to print.




"Kong Deck Sketch from Sketch Book"
Ink, Pencil Crayon and Marker on paper
8"x11"
Notes: A quick sketch with a focus on motion, colour and contrast.



"Rumors ID Type"
Graphite and Pencil Crayon on Tracing Paper
aprox 8"x11"
Notes: This is a type that I was working on to accompany the War Worlds Image if it was selected. I will post a cleaned up version on soon. This may evolve into a T-shirt design.



"War Worlds Deck Sketch"
Pen and Ink, Acrylic Ink, and Pencil Crayon on Illustration Board
9"x14"
Notes: This is the sketch that I was most pleased with. I believe this kind of approach could be quite successful applied to another application.



"Vamp Deck Sketch from Sketchbook"
Graphite, Pen and Ink and Marker on Paper
aprox. 4"x16"
Notes: Super rough to address layout and colour.



"Vamp Deck-Cleaned and Inked"
Pen and Ink on Illustration Board
7"x18"
Notes: From here it was taken into photoshop, where I added colour and Type. The complete deck will be posted very soon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the King Kong one the most. It looks the most stylized to me and original as well. The Vamp one is cool as well of course but I think the Kong one just has more going for it.
Good stuff
~Matt